Summer is upon us. No doubt about it. One takes 10 minutes to go down to the supermarket to buy some icecream. By the time one reaches home, not only has the icecream turned into a watery mush, one has first got to take a shower. But I'm sure there are places hotter than Hong Kong. Let's see what others have to say about what it means to have unrelenting summer heat.
1. The cows are giving evaporated milks.
2. We see a dog and a cat and they are both simply walking.
3. Hot water now comes out of both taps.
4. You burn your hand simply opening the car door.
5. You now believe that asphalt can be liquid
6. Birds have to use potholders to pull worms out of the ground.
7. If you need some baked potatoes for lunch, all you have to do is to pull one out from the ground and add butter, salt and pepper.
8. Farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them from laying hard-boiled eggs.
9. You start buying stock in Gatorade.
10. You start putting ice cubes in your water bed.
11. You can say 99 degrees without fainting.
12. Satan decided to take the day off.
13. You start eating hot chilies to cool your mouth off.
14. Your dream house has suddenly become any house at all in the North Pole
15. Your car overheats before you even turn the starting key.
16. You learn that your seat belt makes a perfectly good branding iron.
17. You've experienced condensation on your butt from the hot water in the toilet bowl.
18. You would give anything to be able to splash cold water on your face.
What about you? What kind of ideas do the words "hot weather" conjure up in your mind? Whatever they may be, have a cool weekend.