Just got back from a hike in one of the outlying islands. Boy, wasn't it hot!
Talking about early summer heat,you know how to tell when it's really hot? If not, there are no shortage of hints:
1. the cows are giving evaporated milk
2. the chickens are laying hard-boiled eggs
3. hot water now comes out of both taps.
4. you actually burn your hand opening the car door.
5. somehow asphalt on the road has a liquid state.
6. the birds have to use potholders to pull worms out of the ground.
7. the potatoes cook underground, and all you have to do to have lunch is to pull one out and add butter, salt and pepper.
8. farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them from laying hard-boiled eggs.
9. you start buying stock in Gatorade.
10. he trees are whistling for the dogs.
11. you start putting ice cubes in your water bed.
12. you no longer associate bridges (or rivers) with water.
13. you can say 100 degrees without fainting.
14. Satan decided to take the day off.
15. you eat hot chilies to cool your mouth off.
16. your dream house is any house in Alaska.
17. you can make instant sun tea.
18. you learn that a seat belt makes a pretty good branding iron
19. the temperature drops below 95, you feel a bit chilly.
20 you've experienced condensation on your butt from the hot water in the toilet bowl.
21. The noise from the home airconditioner somehow becomes more tolerable
What a great relief to be home! A great Sunday to you all.