總網頁瀏覽量

2015年8月8日 星期六

Saturday Fun (星期六趣味)

It's always nice to have friends, especially those who love to surf on the internet and love to pass on whatever it is they find interesting  to you. In that way, I'm truly blessed. Often when I'm racking my brain about what I should post on the Saturday or weekend fun blog, all I got to do to check my emails. If you're giggling sheepishly before quickly recovering your dignified composure or smiling your knowing smile and choking with laughter or wiping the tears off your eyes whilst doing your best to restrain the uncontrollable spasms around your abdomen area, you know that the true object of your your thanks should be my friends and not me. 

Just got the following from my friend. It's about the life of ordinary folks like me. They're in Chinese and should be more enjoyable that way because of the end rhymes. But they're not too bad in translations. Here they are.


1. 


Wish to get into the fast lane in your career rise? Split your hair in the middle.
  (中間分界,升職最快)



2. 


No one crosses the huge river unless one is a fierce dragon. No one cares about "make-up" unless one is a big fat sow. 
 (唔係猛龍唔過江,唔係豬乸唔化妝)


3. 

Three for 10 bucks! The longer you wear it, the bigger it gets.
(十蚊有三件,越著越大件)


4.

The earlier you buy, the earlier you enjoy. The later you buy, the cheaper by the hundreds.
(早買早享受,遲買平幾舊)

5.

You do your own struggling, I do my own spending.
(你有你拼搏,我有我揮霍)


6.

The mad and the dull sit on a table. The lost and the foolish gather round in a pile.
(痴痴呆呆坐埋一台,昂昂居居圍埋一堆)


7.

Nine out of ten males fool around. The tenth is thinking about the same.
(十個男人九個滾,第十個喺度諗緊)


8.

For buddies, one will gladly stick two two knives under one's arms. For chicks, one will gladly stick two knives into one's buddies.
(為兄弟可以兩脅插刀,為女人可以插兄弟兩刀)


9.

I don't mess around easily but when I do, you bet I won't be human.
(我唔係隨便嘅人,但我隨便起嚟就唔係人)


10.

Once a guy got money, he goes off the rail. When a gal goes off the rails, she gets money.
(男人一有銀就變壞,女人一變壞就有銀)


11.

A string of time, a string of gold. When you string (i. e.get cheeky) again, you'd be beaten until you taste sweetness.
(一串光陰一串金, 再串俾人打鑊甘)

Have a nice weekend!

沒有留言:

張貼留言