總網頁瀏覽量

2011年6月18日 星期六

A Father's Day Joke

How time flies when one does not have to work! Before I know it, it's already almost a week now here in America. I'm done reading three books, made an equal number of trips to various supermarkets and have been to various restaurants with friends, two high school graduations and on top of those, taken numerous photos. So it's about time to return to my fellow bloggers. I've just been reminded that it's Father's Day. So I'll just post one on the joys of fatherhood.


Dear Dad:



I know that it's been three months since I left for college. I have been
remiss in writing and am very sorry for my thoughtlessness in not having
written before. I will bring you up to date now. But before you read
on, please sit down. You are not to read any further unless you are
sitting down... Okay?


Well, then, I am getting along pretty well now. The skull fracture and
the concussion I got when I jumped out of the window of my dormitory
when it caught fire shortly after my arrival, are now pretty well healed.  I only spent two weeks in hospital and  I can see almost
normally and only get three headaches a day now.


Fortunately the fire in the dorm and my jump were witnessed by an
attendant at the gas station close by. It was him who called
the Fire Department and the ambulance. He came to see me at the
hospital. As I had nowhere to live after my dorm room was burnt down and there was no immediate alternative room at the dorm after the fire, he was kind enough to invite me to share his apartment with him. It's
really just a basement room, but it is kind of cute. He is a very fine boy
and we have fallen deeply in love and are planning to get married. We
haven't set the exact date yet, but it will be before my pregnancy
begins to show.


Yes, Dad, I am pregnant. For heaven's sake, don't tell Mom. She'll freak out. Dad, I know how much you are looking
forward to being grandpa and I know you will welcome the baby and
give it the same love and devotion and tender care you gave me when I
was a child. The reason why we delay in our marriage is that my
boyfriend has a minor infection which prevents us from passing our
premarital blood tests and I carelessly caught it from him. This will
soon clear up with the penicillin injections I am now taking daily.


I know you will welcome him into our family with open arms. He is kind
and though not well educated, he is ambitious. Although he is of a
different race and religion, I'm sure that'll not be a problem to you since you have always taught me that we should never treat someone whose skin color is slightly or even much darker than ours or someone holding different religious beliefs from those of the Southern Baptists any differently. I am sure you will love him as I do. His
family background is good too.  I'm told that his father is an
important gunbearer in the village in Africa from which he comes.


Now that I have brought you up to date, I want to tell you that: there
was no dorm fire; I did not have a concussion or skull fracture; I
was not in the hospital; I am not pregnant; I am not engaged; I do not
have syphillis and there is no boyfriend in my life. However, I am
getting a "D" in Spanish 101 and an "F" in GCOM :Human Communications 121. I just wanted you to see
these marks in the proper perspective.



Your loving daughter,

Joy


Hope you'll have better luck.

7 則留言:

  1. Happy Father's Day !

    [版主回覆06/19/2011 01:17:00]Thank you. Hope you have a happy Father's Day too!

    回覆刪除
  2. Good morning, my dear old friend !  ...I don't know what I'll do if my daughter told me that she's pregnant... ...However, if it's a joke after all, I'll be singing in Heaven,  d-e-a-d... ... ..「 親父/ 辛苦 」:  ...「分秒盼望夜歸人,         情深說話心裡藏,          疏於溝通愁眉展,            歸心似箭親情深...」









    [版主回覆06/19/2011 02:08:00]I guess you'll probably have a heart attack if your daughter were to tell you that she's pregnant before her marriage! Thanks for your video!

    回覆刪除
  3. 父親節快樂 Elzorro 昨日去0左撐葉子聯展啦. .有相睇 呢
    [版主回覆06/21/2011 10:10:00]Thanks for the tip and your blog!

    回覆刪除
  4. I was so worried about you while reading your blog. Phew, what a relief when it came to the end! At least you managed to send us this blog.
    [版主回覆06/21/2011 09:11:00]It'd scare the hell out of me were the first part of the letter true! I am not aware of having a daughter called Joy, yet!

    回覆刪除
  5. Hilarious Father's Day joke! Thank you very much for it and belated Happy Father's Day to you!   Below is another Father's Day joke, this time from a new father: One day, shortly after the birth of their new baby, the mother had to go out to
    do some errands, so the proud father stayed home to watch his wonderful new son.
    Soon, the baby started to cry. The father did everything he could think of, but
    the baby just wouldn't stop crying. Finally, he got so worried that he decided
    to take the infant to the doctor. After the doctor listened to all the
    father had done to get the baby to stop crying, he began examining the baby's
    ears, chest and then down to the diaper area. When he opened the diaper, it was
    indeed full. "Here's the problem," the doctor explained. "He just needs to be
    changed."The perplexed father remarked, "But the diaper package specifically
    says, it's good for up to 10 pounds!"  
    [版主回覆06/21/2011 10:18:00]Sure the joke wasn't prompted by any incident in the distant past?

    回覆刪除
  6. 葉子今次聯展的作品呀
    [版主回覆06/24/2011 22:40:00]Looks really beautiful. She's so talented! Congratulate her for me.

    回覆刪除
  7. 早晨.. 你到底回港未呀 ?
    [版主回覆06/25/2011 10:38:00]It won't be for another two weeks! I still await the OK for for a place for the last leg of the return journey!

    回覆刪除