總網頁瀏覽量

2015年4月14日 星期二

Blossoms of Spring (春之花)

Spring is come. It has come a long time now. I wish I had more time for her. For she has been waiting, waiting, waiting. But better late than never. I went to my favorite park, the Kadoorie Farm.


All sorts of little flowers are already there on the ground at the entrance, waiting to say "hi".  .



upon tree branches


in unimaginable profusion


in clusters


sticking out their little heads high above the surrounding leaves


at the tips of the slender stalks


piling up one on top of the other


some preferring to bloom in single color


like these


others in more than one in well spaced crowds


hiding under bigger leaves


standing proudly, all alone


hanging like little bells


struggling for a space in the sun


or squeezed between taller leaves.


But in the organic garden, the egg plants are ready for picking.


How strongly the vegetables rise up!


The orchids love spring.


I think I know why


how happily they dance!


how freely they can stretch out


some with all three arms


whilst others carefully tend their pouches.


Some sway in the wind


but clinging to their point of support, like this parrot


Let's not forget our municipal flower.


They are in full bloom


adding color to the valley.


How full of life are these leaves


hanging over my path and giving me much needed shade..


When I got to answer the "call of Nature", I found these little flowers quietly watching over me, not at all embarrassed. Why should they? Aren't we a part of Nature too?.

沒有留言:

張貼留言