總網頁瀏覽量

2010年5月26日 星期三

Another Peculiar Dream


Just had another strange dream. I do not know why. I had the feeling that I was back in the house of my childhood. There were three bedroooms in that house. But somehow I felt even in my dream that it could not have been the same house. That was because the way the wall-to-wall wardrobes in those rooms in my  dream were not in the positions they were in the house I actually lived in when I was a child. Besides, the shape and colour and style of that huge wall-to-wall wardrobe (not a walk-in closet) in my dream were also different. The style of the wardrobe in my dream belongs to that popular in the 1980s: long rectangular vertical doors with a horizontal row of two drawers below. In the dream, it was painted almost completely white but with a hint of beige. In fact, our house had already been torn down and replaced by a more modern building which I still see from time to time whenever I eat at a restaurant opposite to where that house was when I attend court at the Kowloon Magistracy.


 

Whatever might have been the difference in style and size and location, I had the distinct feeling in my dream that it was our house. What was peculiar in that dream was that my eldest brother was there. He told me that he had just managed to remove a huge clock hanging on the wall to the left of my younger sister's wardrobe from her room to his own room. In fact, in my dream, I "knew" that he had placed the clock on the upper part of the wall to the left of his wardrobe, in exactly the same position it occupied in my sister's room. But in real life, my sister never had such a clock nor such a wardrobe.  He was asking me to take a look at it and to give him my opinion on how they looked in his own room. In fact, in that dream, I never saw how my younger sister's room look like. Of course I know what it looked like in real life. My brother's room in the dream was actually my father's room, my father having died more than 30 years ago.  It was the biggest bedroom in the house. The clock was a rectangular shaped brown electric clock maybe three feet wide at the bottom and perhaps a feet and half tall. It has a very smooth, lacquer like shiny coffee brown surface. The face of the clock was in brownish beige. It had huge hands. The time on the clock was maybe 1.50 p.m. What is most peculiar is that my brother had for some reasons placed three mirrors which I had bracketed on to the back of the doors to my own wardrobe in my own room in real life when I was still living there on to the exterior of three of the wardrobe doors in his room in that dream. And the way he did so was most unusual.  He simply clipped the three long rectangular mirrors on to the top of three of the wardrobe doors in his room with the kind of black metal clips one normally uses in the office to clip together loose sheets of related papers. Of course, they were  much bigger or else they would not be able to hold the weight of the mirrors. To prevent the hard metallic surface at the bottom of the huge clips from scratching the smooth top  surface of the three mirrors, he just used some white bath towel folded in double but in order not to obstruct viewing the mirror, he had just a tiny portion of the white bath towel overhaging the top edges of the mirrors. It was a very sloppy job. I took a look at his masterpiece in my dream. I told him that whatever he might think, to me I did not feel that it was right to take away the clock which used to be in my sister's room without asking or even informing her beforehand. Then I woke up. I did not however ask him why he took my mirrors!

 

Why that clock? In fact, we never had that clock in our real home. And why did it show 1.50 p.m? And why did my elder brother take my three interior wardrobe mirrors and why did he place them on to the outside of his wardrobe in a such a sloppy way or at all? What is the significance of those mirrors? And after he did that, why did he ask for my opinion? I cannot figure it out.

7 則留言:

  1. Ask Dr.X for the dream interpretation? In my tiny opinion, those mirrors are merely of your inner desires, a reflection of what you "Lack " in real life... So, in this case, I may dream of ... (things/person I don't have in real life)...tonight...

    回覆刪除
  2. supplemental:
    The other you, the other self, in another parallel world/universe...
    the other story, the other time, in the parallel world/universe...
    Perhaps...
    [版主回覆05/26/2010 15:30:00]I have read about the so-called M-theory positing 11 dimensions to
    "space-time" which is applicableonly to units of energy of an order of
    twenty or so digits after the decimal point. At the moment, it is only a
    mathematical theory but there is not any reliable evidence to support its physical
    reality. Besides, even if it were true, we must further posit the
    existence of so-called "worm-holes" where the energy lost in one
    universe (e.g. ours) according to the formulae and methods of calcuations according
    to such formulae applicable to the known universe will somehow be able
    to travel at a speed faster than the speed of light and  also  to somehow
    "mysteriously" appear in another universe (the speed of light being
    fastest speed presently known). So far as is known by present day
    scinece, a "multi-verse" exists nowhere except in sci-fi. So although I
    don't have any persuasive explanation at the moment about the various phenomena in my dream, the possibility of a parallel universes with a different time and space but somehow still retaining sufficient "structural" resemblances to the "me" and "to my brother" in our universe may be safely discounted!

    回覆刪除
  3. what a meticulous account of a dream.
    [版主回覆05/26/2010 19:38:00]My dreams are usually very vivid, often involving even colors. So I remember them. To me dreams are very intriquing. But I am always anxious to find out what my psyche is trying to tell me. So I have been trying hard to figure out what the various strange elements of the dream images are trying to tell me once I got a moment to spare during my working day. So I did some thinking during lunch and also on my journey back from office to home. I've already come to a tentative conclusion. Here's what I think:
    1. My brother was literally "taking time off my sister"! He decided it was time he stopped supporting her financially when she was hit by the global financial crisis two years ago because she now got her three daughters to help her with her high-end restaurant/club business in Djarkarta, which has just been extensively renovated. A clock on the wall usually indicates that it's about time to do something like in the expression"The message is written on the wall". Why 1.50? In English 1.50 is "ten (tend)  to two". It's time for my brother to tend to the problem between the two of them. Alternatively "1.50" is "one fifty". My brother has "won" fifty or "won" half of the battle to save my sister! So it's time for him to "take time off" his anxiety about my sister!
    2. My three wardrobe mirrors? What does a mirror do? It reflects. Why three mirrors? I'm number 3 in the family. So 3 mirrors translates into the mirrors of the third child of the family. me ! It's usually a "hidden" mirror in my wardrobe (which connotes something interal, something private and intimate).  My eldest brother has taken over my mirrors i.e my private way of looking at things i.e. that it was about time my sister take a cold hard objective look at the viability of her business instead of trying to avoid having to face reality as she appeared to have done for more than a year and decide either to close it down or really take time to run it in a serious and responsible manner, a view I conveyed to her privately more than a year ago. Why on the exterior of his wardrobe? He is making public the fact that he has now taken my point of view. Hence he asked me to tell him whether it was good! Why the metal clips? Metal clips suggests business papers. Metal clip upon my mirrors therefore means "getting to grips with my mirrors (point of view) " in a business like manner. Why the towels? He cushioned his (my) views with the minimal protective measures. That's exactly what my eldest brother told my younger sister about a week ago!  QED!

    回覆刪除
  4. One additional point. Why should the clock be on the left of the wardrobe? The left usually indicates the rational and logical left brain of a man. The message that the time has come is now rationally and logically written on the wall and come from within the wardrobe (the privacy) ( including emotions) and become public!  

    回覆刪除
  5. Ha! I now remember. I used to have a brown clock by that description. But it was a desk clock. In the dream it had been blown out of all propotions, of course: that is the subconscious's way of forcing us to pay attention to its messages. So it was a complex image. As well as "time" off my sister, it was also done according to my time (time-table)!
    And why in my brother's room in the dream which used to be my father's room. Since the death of my father, my eldest brother is the leader of our tribe!

    回覆刪除
  6. BRAVO !! what a detail and rational explanation and analysis of ones own dream. U must be related to Freud , or even Freud in your previous life.  I reckoned you are not retired yet, perhaps you could a dream analyst when you feel you have had enough of your present job. i could imagine there would be a long queue of anxious people at your doorstep.
    [版主回覆05/26/2010 21:14:00]You sure know how to joke. I like your sense of humor!

    回覆刪除
  7. Hahaha… I still remember clearly the look of your old residence, your father and your siblings. That’s a place where I had spent some of my childhood days, watching TV, playing with your dog, and most unforgettably, being “teased” by your brothers and sisters. You never teased at me but never came to my help.
    I am keeping a book of dreams of my own, a book which I have not (yet) exposed to a second pair of eyes. I must share my dreams with you someday.
    But should I let a person who has known me for almost half a century interpret my dreams? I think you don’t need to read my dream accounts to understand me, hahaha…
     
    [版主回覆06/01/2010 07:49:00]If you really want to, that would be a God-sent opportunity for me to hone my dream analysis skill and for you to fathom your wishes or fears at various points of time in your past! But are you sure you really want your most intimate secrets to be revealed? It might be a pandora's box!

    回覆刪除