總網頁瀏覽量

2012年10月24日 星期三

Tiger Head






Whilst going from Pak Mong Village (白芒) to Mui Wo (梅窩), I often saw a sign saying that it goes to Tiger Head (老虎頭) but I never bothered to find out where that is. Yesterday, I changed my mind. And I am glad I did. It started out well. Before leaving for my destination, I stopped by Pak Mong Village to have a bowl of noodles. Not only did I get my ham and egg noodles, the store owner-chef threw in, without being asked, some small mussels he got from the sea nearby and some garlic chives (韭菜) his wife had just got from the fields and offered me one of his freshly cut bananas as dessert at no extra charge! The noodle and the banana were both delicious. I was so lucky. There I was accosted by a villager who had been a photographer who had been to Palau to do deep sea underwater diving and photography and had been doing photography for more than 3 decades. He said that now that he had suffered an injury, he had to give up but he still keeps his Hasellblad.




This is the path leading off to Tiger Head mid-way from Pak Mong Village to Mui Wo 




On the way, I passed by a golf course




One of the valleys I passed through



I was on my way




The grass was tall on both sides of the path



At first I thought this was the head of the "tiger". It wasn't.



A lone rock




Doesn't it look like one of those 19th century English landscape paintings?



I like the trees on the slopes



On this split rock, I found a white Caucasian taking photos of the valley by the automatic continuous shooting mode. I didn't ask him why.




Mother and child?




In the distance, the rocks look like some kind of boat?




Another valley I passed through




Soon I could see a corner of the Discovery Bay Reservoir




This is the path skirting the side of the hills I just passed. It was quite an easy walk




A bigger part of the Reservoir could now be seen as I was closer to my destination



The path I walked past.




The distant hills were exactly as the Chinese ink painting master described: the nearer, the darker, the more distant, the lighter.




Look at all those hills I had behind me.





Another view of the path




I like this stretch of the path, so pastoral like




Obviously someone had cut the grass growing along the path not so long ago




From the col of a colline, I could see the village houses above the Discovery Bay Reservoir




I learned later that the "tiger head" is the top of this little lump which separates the two sides of the Discovery Bay



Discovery Bay to the left, the reservoir to the right




The path down looked all dry and the earth cracked up




This is the way down to the Discovery Bay. It was full of loose rocks because it was quite weathered.




Looking back on the path I walked down to the ground



Finally, some paved path.


4 則留言:

  1. It was lucky that you didn't meet the tiger.
    [版主回覆10/24/2012 18:35:52]All "tigers" in HK that I know of exist in a completely "domestic" environment. often in curvaceous form, but more more than not, in rather "fuller" forms !

    回覆刪除
  2. A fulfilling "tiger hunt" trip! Thanks for your sharing!
    [版主回覆10/25/2012 14:28:32]Finally learned what the "Tiger Head" meant! It was a very pleasant walk. I enjoyed it very much.

    回覆刪除
  3. 域 流亦詩 Louis Rick2012年10月26日 晚上11:27

    那堆不是老虎頭的石看來的確很像老虎頭。謝謝分享。
    [版主回覆10/27/2012 09:10:52]yeah I thought so too!

    回覆刪除
  4. wow, what a beautiful pictures and happy route.
    [版主回覆11/05/2012 08:05:56]It was quite an easy walk too!

    回覆刪除