總網頁瀏覽量

2013年2月4日 星期一

Camellias II (茶花二)

I knew that there's a garden for flower exhibition at Shenzhen. I was curious what I would find there. Much to my delight, I discovered when I arrived there that the Seventh Annual Exhibition of Camellias was in full swing.  I have never seen so many different varieties of camellias my entire life. What a treat.



There were camellias in pinkish red



Another one fully opened



This one has patches of white



Another one in light pink



There were some with a much stronger pink but mottled with a lighter shade of pink



This one seems to have far less petals
 



The interior of one of them



This one looks more like a carnation than a camellia



This one is white but has some red spots


This one is entirely white


This one looks more like a rose than a conventional camellia.



This camellia looks as if it came out of the page of a Chinese "flower calendar"



This one is far more delicate



These two look as if they were made with wax


It's the first time that I saw camellias in such a color.

The Camellias came from all over the world from all the different continents: Asia, Europe, Australia and even the Americas.

The famous Sung poet Su Shih has written many poems about the camellia. One I like very much is "Camellias at the Buddhist Practice Temple. Here it is with my English translation.

梵行寺茶花

山茶相對花誰栽
細雨無人我獨來
說似與君君不見
爛紅如火雪中開

蘇軾







Camellias at the Buddhist Practice Temple


Who’s that who groomed such pairs of camellias
None but I came in the drizzle
Though not there,  you'd be with me or so I'm told
Leaving only the flaming red to bloom in the snow
Su Shih  tr. El Zorro


11 則留言:

  1. 茶花拍攝美麗,
    尤其有露水的。
    [版主回覆02/05/2013 17:21:04]I was lucky!

    回覆刪除
  2. It would be nice eating popcorn and drinking Coke while watching camellia.
    [版主回覆02/05/2013 17:21:23]Yummy!
    [百了回覆02/05/2013 16:43:02]Or eating Dongpo pork...

    回覆刪除
  3. Camellia is beautiful! Which garden in Shenzhen?
    [版主回覆02/05/2013 17:25:53]It's the 園芸博覽園. Right next to the 華僑東城 MTR station in Shenzhen .The exhibition is held in the Japanese Garden section of the Park. No admission charges!

    回覆刪除
  4. 美不勝收!
    [版主回覆02/06/2013 00:02:16]Yes, I was so lucky to stumble upon the exhibition !

    回覆刪除
  5. 立春一到,
    花就咁靚,
    你拍得真好!
    [版主回覆02/06/2013 00:02:56]I'm still learning. Lots to learn from you! Thank you for your encouragement.

    回覆刪除
  6. Great colors!
    I had two camellia trees in my garden back in my NZ days. Camellias are hardy and easy to maintain. Every winter, I would give the trees a hard prune especially when the branches became too leggy. They reacted well to the pruning and bloom profusely after the "haircut". I still miss my two camellia trees these days although I am no longer in possession of the house.
    I have a full album of photos which I took of my garden during my stay in NZ. Maybe I will post a blog about my NZ garden someday.
    [版主回覆02/06/2013 00:04:09]The camellias are tough and can grow even on hillsides but are no less beautiful for the lack of support from the soil.

    回覆刪除
  7. So colourful. I have never seen so many kinds of Camellias.
    [版主回覆02/06/2013 00:04:45]It was my first time too!

    回覆刪除
  8. Very colorful flowers.
    [版主回覆02/06/2013 00:05:45]I love the variety in their shapes and colors too !

    回覆刪除
  9. 不斷拍攝,不斷精彩.
    [版主回覆02/06/2013 00:06:38]I need lots of practice yet. I hope to be much better than what I'm doing. The road ahead is long and hard.

    回覆刪除
  10. nice collections of flowers pics ~~~~ good for CNY!
    [版主回覆02/06/2013 08:41:21]I was lucky. They're all at the same spot. Saves me a lot of leg work.

    回覆刪除
  11. 喜歡這詩! ~~~~~~ 照片很好看! 譯詩有才幹!
    [版主回覆02/09/2013 18:16:42]Thank you for your encouragement! May the New Year bring you health and all the productivity you need.

    回覆刪除