總網頁瀏覽量

2010年9月18日 星期六

A Good Saturday Story

Everyone loves stories, no matter how young or old he or she is, especially when they are good stories. I haven't got many such stories. But here is one, told to me by a friend. So here it goes.


A farmer stopped by the local garage to have his truck fixed. They couldn't do it within the time of his intended wait. So he told them that as he didn't live far, he'd just walk home first.


On the way, he stopped by at the hardware store and bought a bucket and a gallon of paint and then stopped by the feed store where he picked up two chickens and a goose. Then,  he found he had a problem: how to carry his entire purchases home! He scratched his head.


Whilst pondering, a little old lady appeared. Her face looked confused. She asked him, "Mister, I'm lost. Can you tell me how to get to 1888, Mockingbird Lane?" 


The farmer said, "Well, as a matter of fact, I live quite close by. No problem, I'll walk you home. But... I can't carry all this stuff."


The little old lady took a look. She then suggested: "Why don't you put that can of paint into the bucket, then carry the bucket in one hand, a chicken under each arm and the goose in your other hand?"


"Why, thank you so much!" he said.


He proceeded to walk the old lady home.


On the way, he said, "Well, shall we take a short cut and go down that alley?"


The little old lady looked him over cautiously.


Then she said: "I'm an old widow with no man to protect me. How do I know that when we get down that alley, you won't suddenly hold me up against the wall, pull up my skirt and have your way with me?"


The farmer said, "Holy smoke! Lady, I'm carrying a bucket, a gallon of paint, two chickens and a goose. How in the world could I possibly hold you up against the wall and do that?"


The little old lady replied, "Set the goose down, cover him with your bucket, put the paint on top of the bucket, and I'll hold the chickens..."


Have a nice weekend!


沒有留言:

張貼留言