總網頁瀏覽量

2011年11月20日 星期日

A Visit to Hok Tau (Crane Marsh Lake) Reservoir (鶴藪)


I do not know why. Wherever I go, the sun seems to follow me. Last Sunday was no exception. So I hurriedly packed a sandwich, some fruits, a bottle of water and was ready for another exploration of our countryside. This time, I went to Hok Tau, meaning literally the marshy lake for the nesting cranes. But it is now a service reservoir.





I was welcomed by this "Goofy" like tree. Rather like the one outside of the hothouse in Hong Kong Park?.





I was able to see what I like most about life: its profusion, its abundance and its resilience. Plants seldom let go of any opportunities they may have to propagate themselves. Here we find some creepers colonizing a cut tree stump!





The side of the road was full of little plants. Here's the ubiquitous little daisy.






Some purple flowers spread out in all possible directions.
.




Some leaves were sprouting.




Others were turning red and brown.





Some brown leaves in the sun.






Elsewhere, leaves were raising themselves as high as they could. Doesn't this look like an insect perched on top of a slender branch?





Here're some dancing tendrils with arms extended in two graceful curves.





I love the yellows and red of these wild plants.





I do not know why. The color of this leave changes from green at its tip, yellow in the middle and red at the bottom. Is that because the red part was the oldest, the yellow part less so ? Only a botanist would know.






These leaves look miserable, both getting old and being eaten up! Yet they stubbornly refuse to wilt!





By contrast, these leaves seem to be basking in the morning sun with joy. How full of life they look!





This bold little adventurer was holding itself up above the others by entwining itself around its brother.





Greens and yellows can be found not only in the plants on both side of the road. Perhaps the surrounding colors may have affected the engineers who put up this temporary structure?





I had my first encounter with tall grasses and rushes and their stalks laden with seeds, growing by the roadside. It will have hundreds of brothers and sisters up on the mountain a little distance away.





I passed by these reflections on the surface of the Hok Tau Reservoir.





Fishes were disrupting the permanence of the images of the surrounding trees and plants upon the surface of the water. . 





Some parts of the surface of the water were greener than others.





But they shared the same fate! The fishes cared nothing about their need to stay unruffled.





Some more ripples.





As the outer rings of the original ripple approach the shore, they become straighter and straighter.





There were some pretty steep steps which I had to climb to reach the top of the mountain.




But once up there, the path became much easier.





There were tall grasses and rushes everywhere along the slope of the mountain.




They rose up real high.





A photo of one of them.




But they can't stay up all the time!





I found these wild camellia up at the very top of the mountain.





Along the sides of the mountain pat, I found these small yellow flower.





They were blooming everywhere!





And these fluffy balls.





And clumps of berries too!





After consuming my home-made sandwich and my fruit, it was beginning to get dark.






The sun seem to have to fight its way out between two layers of clouds





And emerged victorious!





The clouds have dissipated but not entirely.





The clouds soon fought back.





Dusk has arrived.





Time to go!





Since there were few minibuses at the village mini-van stop, this young mother played "airplanes" with her daughter! My journey concluded with the laughter of the little girl.







6 則留言:

  1. 最愛看 #12、13、14的葉兒! 也愛看畫一般的水塘倒影! ~~~~~~ 好像走了很長途呢! 天都黑了才乘車! 共行了幾小時呢?
    [版主回覆11/21/2011 07:31:46]Yes, I love them too. But they are even more beautiful live because you actually see the constantly changing colors and patterns as the clouds passed by the sun obscuring part of it and then re-emerged. It took me about 4-5 hours, including time for taking photos, resting. The inclines are quite steep in places.

    回覆刪除
  2. 萬事雲煙忽過,百年蒲柳先衰。
    而今何事最相宜?
    宜醉宜遊宜睡。
    早趁催科了納,更量出入收支。
    乃翁依舊管些兒,管竹管山管水。
    [版主回覆11/21/2011 07:38:53]Yes life is brief. That's why whenever possible, I try to do things that gives me pleasure before I get too weak to do them. Every now and then, I find that like a thief working away silently at night, time has removed a wee bit of my physical capacities.

    回覆刪除
  3. I like the green and yellow temporary structure. The light is so beautiful! ^_^
    [版主回覆11/21/2011 10:59:28]I like it too: there is a tension between the inorganic metal structure with its straight vertical and horizontal lines (which to me symbolizes nicely a certain "glory" of human rationality and creativity) and and the two not entirely straight trunks of the trees growing irregularly and spontaneously beside it, with its gnarled barks in seasoned browns, which contrast so sharply with the bright yellow of the corrugated exterior of the cubicle and the bright green of the metal staircase.

    回覆刪除
  4. (1) I like the photo of “mother playing airplanes with her daughter”. It must be a moment of simple and unalloyed joy to both. (2) The word “藪”phonetically sounds like“叟”both in Mandarin and Cantonese(meaning大澤). Is “Tau” the official phonetic translation in HK?
    [版主回覆11/24/2011 22:58:15]Glad you like it that way. Life is strange. Once something is done, it takes on a life of its own: with scant regard for the intention of its performer!
    [Peter回覆11/24/2011 17:16:38]The blurriness doesn’t bother me. In fact I like it that way. The outstretched arms, the dancing postures, and the shadows all suggest motion and gaiety. Even the indistinct face of the girl seems to be bursting out with boisterous laughter. It’s all in the imagination. The duel tone of black and red simply heightens up the whole mood. A detailed and colorful version of the same shot would have greatly diminished the impact.
    [版主回覆11/24/2011 12:02:58]I like that photo too but it was too dark and I had to take the photo very quickly. I had wanted to take a better picture but they were moving so quickly. So that was the best I could do under the circumstances. I felt the simple joy of the mother and child interaction. But you are right about the Cantonese pronunciation. I just checked on the internet, it should sound like the word "Sau" with second tone!

    回覆刪除
  5. dual tone
    [版主回覆11/25/2011 16:05:39]It looks like an error. If not, what do you mean?

    回覆刪除
  6. I love the shadow and 漣漪 in the water, as well as the beautiful sunlight. It is good that you can capture the scene of mother playing airplanes with daughter - sweet sweet....
    [版主回覆11/25/2011 16:06:55]The ripples are really beautiful. I love that mother and child scene too: so natural, so warm, so intimate!

    回覆刪除