總網頁瀏覽量

2015年5月2日 星期六

Weekend at Peng Chau (週末坪洲)


Peng Chau is one of the few islands I never get tired of. Whether it's a sunny or a rainy day, the island seems so serene, so quiet, so leisurely. Whenever I want to spend some time relaxing, my feet invariably bring me to the pier for ferries to that tiny island.



The sky wasn't overcast. Nor was it sunny.



But that didn't take the colors off this abandoned oil drum.



Nor these road barriers.


nor this splintered plank outside a zinc hut.


The coast was still lined with little boats


Its beaches still as deserted.




every one of them



These shells and sea weeds seem not to be bothered at all.


These rushes continue to push from the cracks at the base of eroded rocks


mosses are trying to grow on such surface as they can find


some more successful than others


But I'm sure the occupants of this yacht are glad they can have the sea all to themselves.


In the meantime, the flowers take advantage of the time to showcase their profusion.


There are flowers everywhere.


The familiar paper flower


and tiny flowers at the side of the path.


I like banana leaves. They got such texture.



But they are not alone.


These dead leaves got them too.


and this huge fallen leaf


And this freshly cut branch.



this knot on the broken bark.


and these air roots of the bunyan tree.


I like this leaf. Such intricate patterns.


and these tricolor leaves which look so like flowers.


And these leaves of the "big leaf tree" growing by the seaside.


 a close up of some of the leaves.


It's time to push some new leaves.



and some flowers.


For others, it's berry time. 


I found these flowers outside one of the houses I passed by.


and these growing at the side of the path


 a lone flower


These like company.


These too.


A rose outside another house

and these tiny purple flowers



even some orchids.




this lovely hibiscus! 


and these tiny purple and red bells.

Always, I manage to find something to catch my attention on this much neglected island. It shall always be my secret insular hideaway.



沒有留言:

張貼留言