總網頁瀏覽量

2011年7月18日 星期一

Sunday Fun at the Botanic Garden







God worked six days. On the seventh, he rested. Who are we not to follow his example? I did. I went to the Botanic Gardens. It was a garden of delight. I like to share my delights. I was first greeted by a sunny smile. It was a yellow daisy.

Then my eyes were caught by a ball of reds.






I walked a little further and was greeted by  another lady in red.









How could I be so partial to reds! Greens and yellows have their peculiar charms too.






Blue and white decided that they wouldn't be outdone!



Yellow, white, purple orchids too seemed to be shouting at me: "What about us?"


















The sky did not wish to be left out. It beckoned to  me from the surface of a pond.




Thank you all for making my Sunday afternoon!


9 則留言:

  1. dupreheifetz's world2011年7月18日 上午9:24

    The Botanic Gardens is one of my favorite hangout. I think it's one of the forgotten gems in town.
    Thx for sharing the lovely photos!
    [版主回覆07/18/2011 09:53:00]Yes, it's so quietly beautiful. Just right for enjoying splashes of colors and allures of fascinating forms! It's my pleasure to share my joys with others. It's sometimes said that a sorrow shared is halved but a joy shared is doubled. Joy is a ripple. It spreads. So joys shared are far more than doubled. Glad you like them.

    回覆刪除
  2. Congratulations! What I see here for the first time is a liberated soul, finally taking a breath of relief after freeing itself from the tyranny of the desk. Welcome to the world of colors!
    [版主回覆07/18/2011 09:55:00]I would like to think of myself as a liberated soul, even in the past. it's just that now I got the chance to manifest it in action! Yes, colors are liberating!

    回覆刪除
  3. finally i can see the colourful through your camera
    I love the blue & whote one.
    [版主回覆07/18/2011 16:07:00]The world is really colorful. I just tried to capture part of it. But I have failed miserably. In fact, what I saw was far more beautiful than what I managed to convey through my small digital camera.
    Glad you like the blue and white. I failed to capture the texture of its petals! Sorry. 

    回覆刪除
  4. Je! I thought that I've clicked into 博樂's blog by mistake.   Now I see the other side of your talents! Good shots!
    [版主回覆07/18/2011 16:26:00] wouldn't know if I should feel happy or 博樂 should feel unhappy by your implicit comparison! Yes I like the colors and forms of flowers and leaves and the infinite and the often surprising ways they delight our eyes. My camera is just a cheapie digital camera. Must get a better camera and more powerful lenses to produce the kind of photo textures I see in the blogs of Michelle, Peter, 博樂 and Ah Chup. But thanks for your compliments anyway!

    回覆刪除
  5. I always think that beautiful photos are not a must taken by expensive camera. Sure, it would be "added value".
    More important, it's the feeling and the heart from the photographer.
    (以及如何取角度)
    Sometimes, I also use small digital camera and even mobile phone. What do you feel ?  Some of my blog friends not believe that I use my stupid mobile phone (not i-phone) to take the photo.
    Wish you enjoy the happy moment during taking photos ^ ^
     
    [版主回覆07/19/2011 11:44:00]
    You may be right. Whilst it's not absolutely necessary that one
    must have an expensive camera to take good photos, having one helps.
    Camara angle and framing are surely important. But as you said. what's
    even more important may be the feeling for what is being photographed.
    You're a very gifted photographer. I find enormous joy in looking for what I think is the right kind of subjects and the right kind of
    angle at which to photograph them. 

    回覆刪除
  6. BRAVO !!!!  i am delighted to see you letting us see what you were looking at.  a picture is more than a thousand words -- i was told by Peter and SuperBro  !! ps. i only use a panasonic lumix pocket camera, a smallish, fully automatic, very cheap indeed SOH GWA GEI !! and sometimes my mobile. 
    [版主回覆07/18/2011 18:56:00]Thank you so much for such encouraging words from a master of photography. Yes, if one could say in words what a good photo can, then what's the point of taking the photo? In the hands of a master, even a digital camera can work wonders! Mine is also an automatic soh gwa gei! But it can be so frustrating because it won't focus properly and do what one wants it to do!

    回覆刪除
  7. Really happy to see the new style of your blog
    photos!  They are lovely!
    There are lots of beauty in nature
    Don't miss any chances to capture them
    [版主回覆07/18/2011 23:50:00]I have just started to take photos of flowers, leaves and trees in America. Here, it's more a "continuation" than a beginning. Once I'm settled down, I'll post some of them here. Must ask for your patience in the mean time. How I wish I had 48 hours a day so I may capture the fleeting beauty of Nature.

    回覆刪除
  8. Good morning, my dear old friend!  ...I knew it...I knew it a long time ago!     By the way that you make your comments on photographs,    I know that YOU ARE AN ARTIST !!!  ..." Elzorro is an artist...        Is a real artist in every way,          An artist and a philosopher,            Artist who is too shy to tell us..." 








    [版主回覆07/19/2011 09:28:00]My dear old friend, if I were an artist, I never knew. But what does it matter: philosopher, artist, fool, nobody? To me, what's far more important is to live life to the full and in such a way as to bring joy to others or at least not to add to their miseries. Thank you for your lovely video clip! 

    回覆刪除
  9. Nice to see the beautiful flowers and leaves in HK Park
    Hope that it's a sunny day in this weekend
    And I can take some beautiful photos over there
    [版主回覆07/19/2011 11:52:00]Yes, flowers and leaves can both in beautiful each in their own unique way. I sure hope it'll be sunny this Sunday. Then I can confidently expect some photos of real taste and genuine beauty rather than the apprentice quality stuffs you get  here, in your blog, and who knows, perhaps even in that of Blue Sky? Anyway, I'm glad I have quickened your desire to go there! Have fun!

    回覆刪除