總網頁瀏覽量

2011年8月16日 星期二

A stroll around Central




We don't often think of the Central District on Hong Kong Island, our financial hub and  heart of that lumbering machine touching every aspect of our lives called our "Government", throbbing with moment by moment decisions which could easily spell our  financial ruin or windfalls, as a place which may be brimming with unexpected visual delights.  I found how wrong I was just a few days ago, whilst strolling around after a luncheon appointment with some of my "sidai"s (ex junior fellow "apprentices" in my profession).

I hope the following photographs will tell their own stories much better than I do.

                       Are these images of our post office?






                                              The IFC?





                         Connaught Road Central?





                 Forest of Columns and Grids right at the heart of Central?





Is the HKSE's flag on the right trying to flutter in step with that of the HKSAR to the left?


                    


                            
       Visible lines of force and shadows that appear to come from nowhere?






                            Can that be somewhere in Central?





                               Image of Images? Reality or Virtuality?






                                 Image of another Image?



    
    Clouds stealing glimpses on human lines, rectangles, curves and quadrants?






The indifferent blue of the Sky and the nonchalance of clouds to humanity's aspirations for wealth, display and permanence?



                         
 Nature crouching below more squares, rectangles, circle and narcissisms?,




                    
             Intrusion by one building into another in their fight for attention?




(
                      Intimations of the solidity of the pyramids?




                  More circles, columns, rectangles in light and shadow?


                  



      Complex lines of business covering and covered by each other?








  
                              Unexpected visitors?



                





 
                            A swing door to the hall of light and shadows?







8 則留言:

  1. 謝謝 Elzorro 的作品,大開眼界!
    充滿線條感的中環,增添了許多藝術的感覺。
    還有那些扭曲的影像,是否正是商業都會萬事扭曲的表徵?
    [版主回覆08/16/2011 18:36:00]If there is any distortion. then you can be sure that it is not one way!

    回覆刪除
  2. Good attempt. Try black and white on the same theme. You will find the effect even more poignant. You can either adjust your camera’s shooting mode to monochrome or make use of Photoshop (a mechanism that can transform color photos into b/w.)
    [版主回覆08/16/2011 19:22:00]Thanks for this friendly advice. Give me some time. I'll see if I can do better! Encouragement is a potent motivator! Thanks again.

    回覆刪除
  3. 光影反照、交錯成豐富的構圖,意念新穎!
    好看呢。謝謝分享!   =^_^=
    [版主回覆08/16/2011 21:18:00]I'm just a toddler in photography trying to find his feet. Thank you so much for your encouragement. So happy that you enjoyed my fumblings.

    回覆刪除
  4. You are a man of genius to have such wonderful pictures.
    [版主回覆08/16/2011 22:58:00]I am absolutely sure that your idea of a "genius" is very different from mine! But still I must thank you for what I take to be your encouragement!

    回覆刪除
  5. dupreheifetz's world2011年8月16日 晚上11:19

    Love those photos. Central always have a special place in my heart.
    [版主回覆08/17/2011 00:22:00]Thank you. Central is very special to me too. I've been working there for years!

    回覆刪除
  6. Good morning, my dear old friend!  ...Nice photos!!!  ...You have the heart of an artist!!!  ...By the way, did you just show yourself in one of the photos: ( Hey buddy, is that you ?  )  ..." Mirror, mirror, reflect my soul...        Mirror within mirror, day in day out,          Reflects light but darkness...            My life is a reflection of my soul,              Soul to soul, mirror to mirror..." 








    [版主回覆08/17/2011 06:10:00]Perhaps you're right. But as everything else in Central, you hardly ever see anything or anyone undistorted by power or money. Thanks for you video clip!

    回覆刪除
  7. My impression of Central is always associated with busy traffic and hurrying pedestrians so that each time I am there, I also find myself rushing along with the crowds unknowingly. Your pictures with such artistic beauty remind me to slow down a bit, look up and observe the beauty of the buildings. But then, this would mean a lot of time at our disposal.
    [版主回覆08/17/2011 06:51:00]Yes, you're right. It's always a mad rush in a world crazed by power, money and distorted human relations! It's good to slow down and actually "look" at what is around, even in Central! The Buddhists call this "mindfulness"!

    回覆刪除
  8. welcome the the world of lines , shapes and reflections !!

    回覆刪除