總網頁瀏覽量

2012年11月9日 星期五

Finally, a fast fading Jiuzhaigou !

Legend has it that a really long time ago, a beautiful goddess lived on the mountains east of Jiuzhaigou. At its west, there was a hardworking and chivalrous god who fell in love with her. The god was always telling her how beautiful she looked. But she said she had no way of knowing. So without telling her in advance, one day, the god whisked out a mirror from behind his back. He said that it was a token of his love for her. She was overjoyed. But in the eagerness and excitement of reaching out for it, she let it slip through her trembling fingers. It dropped into the valley and broke up into 108 pieces of various shapes and sizes which transformed into the 108 glittering lakes of the valley that we now see. But the number of photos I took there would probably be double or triple that number. Had they been taken in Hong Kong, any one of them would have been sufficient to cause my jaws to be left open for quite a while. It's an excruciatingly difficult decision to decide which of them to post here. So I'll just upload here a few of them at random so that fellow bloggers may share my amazement and my joy.
 



This is one of the 108 lakes, which they call here "seas"



I love the mix of the color of the  minerals, the algae and the reflection of the surrounding trees, the clouds and the sky upon the surface of the water



So many colors within such a tiny patch. I enjoy the serenity, the peace, the quiet here. Nothing but the gentle sound of the water. For all I know, it might have been doing that here for millions of years by now. But for me, it was the first time that I came so close. It was a wonderful feeling.



What I find most amazing here is that I can actually touch the water swishing, gurgling or tumbling down without getting my feet wet ! Where else can you get that close to the water right in the middle of the stream and amidst the bushes ?



The water tumbling down right in front of my eyes, not more than a foot or so away ! I had to be careful with my camera lens because the sprays were actually flying all around me. It's not that same kind of feeling that you get under the Niagara Falls. There it was all impact, energy, power and might,  Here it's delicacy! It's intimacy. It's closeness to the little processes of Nature.



I really enjoy looking at the sparkle of the crystal clear snow mountain water: so many colors: white, yellow, light green, dark green and glistening blue.



Look at that: so clear, so crystalline, with such a wonderful blend of colors and moving too !



The sparkle at another spot ! And I actually touched it! So brisk, so cool, so fresh ! So out of this world !



Look at the contrast. Behind the bushes, its all clarity and serenity and in front of the bushes, rushing, dashing, churning and dynamism, all within a few feet of each other.



I really enjoy the thrill. I can still feel the tingling of my skin: the coolness and freshness of the tiny sprays upon my face and my hands as I tried desperately to capture each moment before they hurried away in the stream of time, gone forever, without a trace except perhaps those tiny splinters of the images and sensations in my fast fading memory.  

4 則留言:

  1. Beautiful isn't it!
    I shared the same ecstasy when I was there a couple of years ago. Next time when take photos of waterfalls, fountains or springs, try "speed priority" with a higher speed so as to freeze the motion of the water droplets and beads. Just try it for a different image effect.
    [版主回覆11/10/2012 11:37:02]Yeah, only through experimenting will we be able to find the right kind of method to achieve the kind of effect we have in mind. Thanks for the tips.
    [Peter回覆11/10/2012 08:08:16]Also try taking photos with both "speed" and "time" modes for different effects. You have to experiment. But of course time is always a constraint if you are in a hurry while traveling with a group.
    [版主回覆11/09/2012 23:49:46]ou really got to be there to be able to feel it. I saw videos and photos of it many years ago. It just isn't the same thing! There all your senses are engaged, the eyes, the ears and your skin. Perhaps I could try it but often when the "speed priority" option is used, the images of the water flow which come out may look as if the water surface has become a net of closely knit net of nondescript white threads. Could it be that I had chosen the wrong speed?

    回覆刪除
  2. It is an exceptionally beautiful place on the surface of the world.
    I went there when there were no watered public toilets or starred hotels and the sceneries were raw with few visitors. Hope it is still well preserved.
    All my 33mm plastic rolls are mouldy and discolourized. What a shame.
    Show us more pictures though they are incomparable with the real stuff.
    [版主回覆11/10/2012 08:25:02]Not to worry. I'll do that. You are right. The photos can never completely render the sense of awe that one feels when one is face to face with the actual scenery.

    回覆刪除
  3. 九寨溝的水! 真是好看! 加上週邊景色、 看了才對人間童話世界有所領會! 多年前去的時候是九月下旬、 山色不算豐富! 但是已覺很美麗、 謝謝 El Zorro 的分享呢! ~~~~~~~~~ 再過一星期、 我也有重遊九寨的機會、 只是到時只怕要下雪了! 顏色料必沒你拍的多彩呢!
    [只微回覆11/10/2012 18:45:34]El Zorro 說的太對了! 某程度旅遊也是一節人生縮影! ~~~~~~~ 走好每一段經歷、 好好體驗、 領略和珍惜其間片段! 其他如意不如意、 都是很次要的事情了! ~~~~~~~~ 謝謝 El Zorro !
    [版主回覆11/10/2012 13:11:22]Glad you think that way. Your words exude wisdom. I agree that the most important thing in life is life itself. The records of life are nothing but "records" of something far more important: the "actual experience" of life itself, which should always remain our top priority. We go on a tour to "experience" at first hand the beauties and wonder of life itself and not merely to create an album of beautiful photos. Otherwise, we could just as well look at a documentary of the place we are about to visit, which often actually looks more beautiful than the place they portray because they got the best camera angles, the best time of the day, the best time of the year etc and the documentary has edited out the less "ideal" shots. Wish the weather will be with you in your trip ! But as you say, take it easy!
    [只微回覆11/10/2012 12:12:44]其實也知十一月中之後、 豐富色彩已減、 如果到時下起雪來、 拍到好照更是困難了! ~~~~~~~~~ 所以、 已作心理準備、 此行目的在放鬆心情! 體會身處其景的美妙! 叫自己記著拍照是次要又次要的事、 不要壞了心情才好!
    [版主回覆11/10/2012 12:01:56]You're right. "人間童話世界" . Can't find a more apt description. No doubt about it. It's got to the most beautiful place I've visited my entire life. All the headaches and hours on the tour bus to and from the scenic attractions are worth the trouble. Yes, you better hurry, it's already the start of November. When December comes, there may be snow. But then, Jiuzhaigou in snow could also be quite beautiful, in a different way. I can already imagine the flakes of snow forming fluffy blankets upon the blades of grass, the capricious leaf shapes of a huge variety of little plants, the mosses growing upon old tree stumps, on the side of the lakes, streams and rivulets etc and on the odd shaped rocks and a sky of limitless blue. I'm sure you'd have lots and lots of beautiful photos to share with us

    回覆刪除
  4. You're a liar.
    I don't believe that a mirror can transform into lakes.
    [版主回覆11/10/2012 13:20:12]Of course. If a lie adds to one's enjoyment, why not? What harm could that possibly do? In a way, we could say that our eyes are also a kind of "lake". They say, 'beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder". Our eyes transform as much as a distorting mirror !

    回覆刪除