總網頁瀏覽量

2012年11月6日 星期二

Huang Long

 A little while ago, I went on a 5-day trip to Sichuan and visited various scenic spots. One of them is called Huang Long. There were some of the most beautiful chalk pools and falls I had ever seen and certainly much more beautiful than those I found in Turkey or Virginia, America. It's there that I found the paleness of words. No words could possibly describe the shock of joy I experienced from the stunning beauty of the place. I'll have to post the incredibly beautiful plants I found there in a separate blog to do them justice. So as far as possible, I'll let the photos speak for themselves.




A gentle chalk fall



Another view of the chalk fall



A green pool



Another green pool



A cluster of pools in various shades of green



The pools were piled one on top of another



poolside trees.



The pool was overgrown with algae



The threads of the algae seem to have joined themselves into sheets



A fall amongst the trees



The trees



More trees





A big fall



Another view of the big fall



A close up of the fall



Water falling down both sides of the rock outcrop




a fog bound mountain in the background



Another view of the distant mountain



trees growing by the pool



A view of the mountains shot from our coach on the way down to Chengdu.



A very Tibetan way of supporting their bridges: rather like totem poles.

4 則留言:

  1. Did you went to the top of Huang Long? It can see all the pools which is very beautiful.
    [版主回覆11/07/2012 15:44:53]No. Not enough time and also had some altitude problems because of the thinness of the air.

    回覆刪除
  2. I missed Huang Long on my trip to Gau Chai Kau although the plane landed on the H-L airport which was at a very high altitude and we were provided with small oxygen cans to prevent the altitude sickness. How about you?
    [版主回覆11/08/2012 23:04:10]We also landed in the beautiful Jiu-Huang Airport but we were not supplied with any oxygen. I got to fight for the oxygen from the thinner air myself !

    回覆刪除
  3. I want to sit under the waterfall for meditation.
    [版主回覆11/08/2012 23:06:15]Not a bad idea at all. But it'd be better to sit in the woods because there're tourist passing to and fro the waterfall all the time!

    回覆刪除
  4. 因為空氣稀薄、 在黃龍有點頭痛呢! 時間也不夠、 所以只是去到黃龍廟就得往回走了! ~~~~~~~~~ 不過已覺黃龍很美!
    [只微回覆11/10/2012 11:34:23]西藏是、 又一個令人嚮往的地方! ~~~~~~預祝 El Zorro 明年夏天可以成行呀!
    [版主回覆11/10/2012 11:23:25]Yes, it's natural. The more oxygen we normally breathe in, the more likely is it that we'd have problems. The body needs a little time to make the necessary adjustments. I suppose that if we were to go to Tibet by train, it might be better because our body would then have slightly more time to fine tune itself to the rarer atmosphere. I plan to go there next summer but we'll see.
    [只微回覆11/10/2012 10:42:40]在九寨溝、 地勢稍低、 是沒事的! 黃龍就有點問題! 幸好只是一點點! ~~~~~~~ 記得在歐洲、 也是如此! 在鐵力士峰沒事、 上少女峰那次又頭痛了! ~~~~~~~~~~ 所以一直不敢去西藏呀!
    [版主回覆11/10/2012 10:32:29]You're right. Lots of our fellow tour group members had the same problem. They felt dizzy, including those who had taken the Chinese herbal medicine claimed to be able to facilitate the intake of oxygen. I too felt a little dizzy and had to slacken my paces. But it was all quite worth it.

    回覆刪除