總網頁瀏覽量

2013年10月23日 星期三

The Waters of Wu Kau Teng, Lai Chi Wor & Luk Keng (水水水:烏蛟籐、荔枝窩、鹿頸)

It's a long time since I went to Luk Keng, that part of Northeast New Territories facing Shenzhen. I've already been fascinated by the variegated landscape leading from Bride's Pool or Wu Kau Teng to that remote and unpolluted part of our fast vanishing country park.


  
I started off at Wu Kau Teng and had first to cross a stream.



That was only the first of many streams. I love to hear the gurgle of the stream. Somehow they seem to have a wonderfully calming effect upon our tired brain and jaded nerves. Maybe they speak to us in that long forgotten language our primeval ancestors understood so well: a language without words: it whispers, it murmurs, it gurgles.




 A stream at the side of village at Wu Kau Teng


I love the way the sun works its magic upon the water 


Nice curves!


More curves: almost a perfect circle!


A spot of sunlight in one of the streams I passed through


The magic of the sun


A painting nonchalantly crafted by the sun


One finds plenty of life under water


Shafts of sunlight falling upon the stream


All greens, and browns and yellows


Moving surfaces can do their tricks too


Trees , bushes and creepers in the water!


Another painting by nature? 

Huge water snakes? Is that how Wu Kau Teng got its name? 

A clump of water weeds


Fallen leaves on the surface of the stream 


Bubbles about to break?


Ah, that reminds me of the tricks that our eyes can sometimes play on us: straight can look crooked. Isn't that how we see the world sometimes?  


The ripples too can do the same


What's that on the surface of the water?


My first view of Yun Chau Tong, which is now part of a protected coastal park


  a boat basking there in mid-day sun

 The calm waters of the bay with its gentle ripples

  
The pier to Sam Ah Village

  
The sea urchins I found at the steps of the pier tell me that the water there must be very clean.
 

 The mangroves at the mouth of  Sam Ah Village


 reflections of the mangrove leaves on surface of the the murky water below 


A pond on my way to Lai Chi Wor


 A crocodile lurking in the stream on the way to Lai Chi Wor?


 Ripples on the surface of the stream

  
A painting which has lost its colors?


Are the branches above or below the water?


Nature left on its own!


Leaves growing in the water!


Sunlight magic again


A work by Monet or Cezanne?


Another one?


And another? 


And another in darker hues


And another?


 Is that where the impressionists learned their art from?


The leaves at top right give the game away!


I really like their colors

Where they came from became quite obvious here

But it felt as if I'd never get quite enough of them.


 Finally, Lai Chi Wor


This is my first glimpse of the ponds at Lai Chi Wor

A closer look


This is what I was looking for


Calm water still as a mirror


Nothing but hills and water


I love the grass growing there by the side of the abandoned fish pond

 Reminds me a little of Jiuzhaigou


The hills so green, the water so calm


And the reflections so green


 Unbelievable reflections


 Look at that!


 A green fish!


I'd say it compares quite well with Jiuzhaigou!

 It even has dead trees!


See what I mean?


Perfect: one high, one low, one vertical, one horizontal


  A family of dragons, big and small?


 a live dragon beckoning its brethren across the water


The sun was already low when I left


 The mangrove swamp at Lai Chi Wor


 I even found two storks


 The sea in the evening


 So serene


 hardly a soul there


The hill's reflection on the calm waters


 How narrow its entrance!


This must be one of the few spots still untouched by urban pollution


Upon arrival at Luk Keng,  it was already lit by lights from north of the border. What does that tell us?

沒有留言:

張貼留言