總網頁瀏覽量

2012年5月13日 星期日

Flowers After the Rains

There are all sorts of parks in Hong Kong. A little while ago, I learned from a fellow blogger that there is an astronomy park. Now I know that there is even a Chinese herbal medicine park! Here're some of the flowers I found there.


Some yellow flowers.



This one looks a bit like orchid but is not.



These Blood Flowers (馬利筋) grow in clusters.



So are these lantana camara (馬櫻丹), which can be found everywhere in the countryside.



But not these.



I used to call this flower "finger nail flower" (指甲花)



Its cousins in white and yellow.




These flowers are normally white. But this one is tinged with patches of brown.



These really look a bit like our city logo.



I don't know the true name of this flower. I used to call it "egg flower" (雞疍花)



The same flowers in semi-opening buds.



I know that these are jasmines because I used to grow them at home.



It looks so fresh after the rains.



This one is getting ready to bloom.



I just learned that this is called.Chinese St. John's Wort (金絲桃).



Don't know the name of this flower. But it looks quite delicate.



A smaller version of the same flower.



This one doesn't lose any time in sticking out its stamen.



The same flower in full bloom.



Don't know the name of these tiny flowers growing on the underside of the tree like a string of little bells..



Nor these which also grow so closely to the branches but above them.



What a beautiful little beetle I had for company there!


.

5 則留言:

  1. So your camera is functioning properly!
    Where is this Chinese herbal medicine park?
    I remember when I was a kid, I like to pick the馬櫻丹 flowers and suck the nectar from the tip of the flowers; not much but it tasted good. The leaves don’t smell good though. Is it what people generally called臭草which is said to have certain kind of medicinal value?
    The beetle photo is nice! Thanks for sharing.
    [版主回覆05/14/2012 12:00:24]Yeah, I corrected the mistake!
    The park is behind a private housing estate called Carribean Coast.
    I did what you did too when young. You're right. It's popularly known as 臭花.
    The beetle looks very cute!

    回覆刪除
  2. oh.. the beetle's colour is so beautiful !
    雞蛋花的花香十分清淡, I love it
    [版主回覆05/14/2012 23:54:16]Yes. it's has a very special fragrance! I love the colors of its petals too.

    回覆刪除
  3. i like the 6th one, seems like it is trying to talk to u
    [版主回覆05/15/2012 08:59:29]With open arms!

    回覆刪除
  4. Good shots! You make me feel like visiting the Chinese herbal medicine park too! What else can one find in the park apart from the medicinal plants?
    [超哥回覆05/15/2012 14:35:12]Thanks for the information.
    [版主回覆05/15/2012 13:12:33]They've also got a small museum of Chinese herbs and a walking path which zigzags up a small hill to a pavillion to help people exercise and stay healthy with various plagues on the way showing various kinds of Chinese martial art connected with Nature to help maintain one's "chi".

    回覆刪除
  5. Little beetle is beautiful. good shot.
    [版主回覆05/17/2012 07:06:43]Thank you for your compliments. It's really colorful !

    回覆刪除