總網頁瀏覽量

2012年7月12日 星期四

Tsim Sha Tsui

Hong Kong has one of the most fascinating harbour views amongst the world's great metropolis. But one doesn't really get that much time to have a close look at it. But from time to time, one gets some snippets of time between one's busy schedule to take a peek. That happened today, before and after a talk which I heard at the Hok Hoi Association in Star House.




I went to the Cultural Centre to have a look.



The sun was about to set.



The shadows were getting longer and longer.



Some light went through the space between the columns.



Some fell on the glistening surface of the glass doors



creating a strange combination of reality and reflections.



I found some interesting shapes and colors inside the hall of the Cultural Centre



There was an exhibition about new discoveries of musical instruments made of bamboo.




These are two odd shape percussive instruments.



More instruments for tying on to one's legs so that they'd make some rattling sounds when one dances. .



Some wind instruments



More wind instruments


Found these flowers outside the Centre



They look so lovely



When I looked up, I found these clouds.



More clouds.



hovering over Hong Kong Island



When the talk was over, it was quite dark.



I couldn't resist not taking any photos.



and took this photo before I moved on to the MTR station heading home. I love the light shining through the canopy of water.

8 則留言:

  1. Love that visual impact of the low floating clouds being caught by the spire of the tall building. It vividly paints the image of the Chinese idiom羈雲有絆, the fettered clouds.
    [版主回覆07/12/2012 10:41:39]Yes, it does have that feeling. But at the time I took it, I was just impressed by the hugeness of the clouds hanging over some of tallest buildings and how insignificant the latter look by comparison.

    回覆刪除
  2. Blue sky, white clouds, Victoria Harbour, what a beautiful combination!
    [版主回覆07/12/2012 22:58:10]You're being very kind. I'm still learning. There's much to learn yet.

    回覆刪除
  3. 域 流亦詩 Louis Rick2012年7月12日 下午6:01

    圖片令在下欣賞到文化館由黃昏到入晚的美麗景色。謝謝分享。
    [版主回覆07/12/2012 22:59:28]Glad you enjoyed them. Since I was around and had some time before the next event, I might just as well take a few shots.

    回覆刪除
  4. 對岸維港, 藍天白雲, 正.
    [版主回覆07/14/2012 01:18:49]Thank you.

    回覆刪除
  5. 好看得不得了! ~~~~~~~ 早前到尖沙嘴看展覽、 也拍了些照片! 因為不好看、 沒貼出來呢! 在這裡補看更好了!
    [版主回覆07/15/2012 14:11:36]Your photos are always good. I love your photos. They have a very special feeling to them. I'm just learning how to do photography. I've still got a long long way to go.

    回覆刪除
  6. I particularly like the last one!
    [版主回覆07/15/2012 20:37:55]Thank you. I like it too. Light behind a wall of water can be fascinating.

    回覆刪除
  7. 你不題起、我也忘記尖沙咀的美麗!
    [版主回覆07/18/2012 22:29:34]TST can be quite beautiful. Depends on which part of it and what time of the day you're looking at.

    回覆刪除
  8. I stayed in TST since I was 8. As we got everything in the district, have less chance to go elsewhere of Hong Kong. Sometimes I think this district is really too unique and ygloou can always find a little global world here. I love to be so close to the culture hub of Hong Kong. 5 minutes walk to enjoy a first class concert or exhibition though i don't quite understand why the best located cultural centre do not have window and balcony overviewing the million dollar harbour view.
    [版主回覆07/27/2012 11:06:07]Yes, TST is a really very cosmopolitan and unique place. As you say, you got practically everything there. It's a mystery to me why they forget our beautiful harbor when they designed the cultural centre.

    回覆刪除