總網頁瀏覽量

2013年1月7日 星期一

The Art of Nature (大自然之美)


I often have dreams in which various abstract paintings of incredibly vibrant colors and beautiful composition would appear on the cinematic screen of my
mind one after another with such unbelievable rapidity that they would leave me dazed in a kind stupor of mixed longings and regrets for tens of minutes after I wake up. Every time I had such dreams, I would lie in bed
and try my best to recall them because they are so unimaginably beautiful. I felt that If I didn't do so, they would be lost forever. A few lingering moments savoring them are still better than none at all . At such
moments, I so hated myself that I could not paint and thus be able to leave behind a more
permanent record of them so that the world may share in some of my
onieric ecstasies. Alas, I got to reconcile myself to the painful fact
that I have neither talent nor training in painting at all. Now that I am taking some wobbly steps in the direction of exploring the art of  photography, perhaps they would help a little in filling up that gaping hole that gnaws at my soul.
To me, color is the spice of life. I love all kinds of color. Some colors are light and suggest a certain flimsiness,
delicacy, gentleness, softness, elegance, grace and insubstantiality and sometimes a mood of peace, tranquility and harmony. Other colors are strong and may help convey powerful emotions and perhaps  a mood of force, strength, energy, weightiness, vigor, intensity and passion. In different hues, tints, shades or tones, different colors seem to me to the perfect vehicle for conveying the multifarious moods that our life immerses us in at different moments, whether we will or not. Maybe, that may help explain why I have such a craving for going out to the countryside and look around whenever I got the chance. I was looking for the colors of Life itself. Perhaps, deep inside my psyche, a tiny voice, a voice which has for years been muffled  by the cares of daily living, is hinting to me and beckoning me to return to Nature from whence I came, that that is where I must go, if I want to get in touch with my own hidden feelings. Perhaps that's why, although I went to Tai Tong Country Park the day before yesterday, I felt an irresistible urge to go there again yesterday. I really wouldn't know. The colors of Nature are really infinite. Maybe Nature is the greatest artist that ever lived.  Perhaps each of the photos which follow have a story of its own to tell? .


































































What are these photos of Nature trying to tell me? I wonder.

8 則留言:

  1. 一連兩輯的紅葉都很美,這輯尤其浪漫。 ^_^
    [版主回覆01/07/2013 18:03:49]Thank you. Glad you find them enjoyable.

    回覆刪除
  2. nature is attractive all the time.
    [版主回覆01/07/2013 18:04:33]Most of the time if we know where and how to look.

    回覆刪除
  3. Nature is the greatest artist.
    But sometimes he needs plastic surgeons working as assistants.
    [版主回覆01/07/2013 18:06:16]He may need some one to enframe his images by cutting off a bit of the superfluous and the irrelevant.

    回覆刪除
  4. The color of maturity, like the vintage claret exuding the aromas of wine.
    [版主回覆01/08/2013 11:19:00]I see, that's what those leaves meant to you. Enjoy the aroma and the wine!

    回覆刪除
  5. Leaves of Red



    Your apparel is stunning as it sways in the wind
    Clinging ever so tightly to your rounded form
    Colors of fuchsia and fiery red are firmly pinned
    Your cheeks are blushing brightly and transformed

    Your beauty invites gazes that are transfixed
    Travelers pause for a heart-stopping moment
    While barren trees stand completely perplexed
    Wondering why you are still beaming and content

    Is it that you have been misinformed?
    Do you think your flame will offset winter snow?
    What inspires and keeps your hopes warm?
    I admire your determination even though I know…

    Eventually even you will have to submit
    To the dreary gray chill of the flu season
    Thank you for the lovely glow that you emit
    My mood is cheerful and you are the reason


    Theresa Ann Moore
    [版主回覆01/08/2013 11:20:12]Thanks for this beautiful poem about the magic of love.

    回覆刪除
  6. 陶醉在紅葉之美,大自然恩賜給人類的瑰麗圖畫!
    [版主回覆01/09/2013 08:26:28]Yes, the red leaves are beautiful. I used to think that we'd only get red leaves in Canada, Korea, North China or Japan. Now I know better. Glad you like them. Yours in China are also breathtakingly beautiful.

    回覆刪除
  7. I have not been to Tai Tong before. But after my first visit in late Dec, I go there two more times.
    [小白回覆01/09/2013 18:53:27]Been there 3 times recently, and finally reach Tai Lam Chung Reservoir in the 3rd visit. The red leaves scene there is rare in Hong Kong and I like the cover picture in my blog below a lot.
    http://blog.yahoo.com/_BT4QZQYQ2VJ6NB2QHQYSMOGN3U/articles/993191
    [版主回覆01/09/2013 08:28:38]Yes, it's an easy walk. One is surrounded by trees. I went on from there to Sham Tseng. Since you went twice, it must have given you something you've always wanted but didn't get.

    回覆刪除
  8. Red leaves are beautiful.
    [版主回覆01/09/2013 11:43:51]Glad you found them so.

    回覆刪除