總網頁瀏覽量

2013年1月6日 星期日

The Color of Winter (冬之色)

Yesterday came as a big surprise to me. I have heard from others that there's a nice place for a leisurely stroll in the countryside. I went there. When I first started, there were not too many people on the tar mac . But as the day wore on, it became more and more crowded. I found whole troops of learner photographers, equipped with cameras of different brands, their huge lenses dangling in front of their undulating stomaches and their tripods at their side. There were young girls all made up and dressed in what they considered their best costume walking by the side of their camera-armed boy friends. There were also men of all ages, in their safari outfits, in jerseys and wind breakers, in track suits and sports shoes, either alone or with two or three of their photo buddies, all walking purposefully towards some destination or other, I sensed that there must be something good ahead of me, awaiting me. When I turned a corner and saw a group of photographer crouching down, straining their necks, their bodies twisted and contorted in all kinds of impossible postures but all looking up, I knew what was the common cause of their un-cordinated and yet convergent odyssey: maple leaves. I went to Tai Tong Country Park in Yuen Long.It was my very first visit there.



There were leaves in light yellow



leaves with deeper yellowish hues




leaves turning red



leaves in various shades of red



Some were just starting to change from color green



Green and yellow leaves by each others' side



Their shadows fall on each other under the sun



Some were already worm eaten



Some had red dots or patches amongst their yellow



Others had green veins amidst the red



Some occur in big clusters



Others in smaller clusters



Some look as if they were phosphorescent under the sunlight



Some had the fluff of nearby wind-borne seed upon the edges of their leaves



Some stood all alone



Another one standing alone



Some stood amidst a background of green



Some had the shadows of their neighbor upon them



The sun etched their edges with gold



Some stood against a background of green and orange



Other stood in the shadows with occasional patches of yellow



The sun shone on its surface making obliterating any details upon it



They form all kinds of patterns upon each other



Some were completely red



like these two remaining leaves



Some stood alone against a background of green and red



The green, yellow, orange and red can occur all at the same time



Some look desolate in the shade



Others retain their resilence despite the shade



The color of some of them look really delicate



Some seem to blend so naturally with their neighbor's



The color of others are really warm as fire



I like the richness of the patterns they form



They're so intricate that I don't think human beings can even get within a million miles of them.



Look at this one with various shades of green yellow, orange and red with all kinds of shapes including even empty form!


I never tire in looking at them

Ah, the wonder of the colors of winter !




2 則留言:

  1. The colours of winter in Hong Kong are more pleasing than those in northern China. Nice pictures!
    [版主回覆01/06/2013 21:32:17]Each is pleasing in its peculiar way. I like what I saw. That's why I tried to keep a record of my joy at seeing them.

    回覆刪除
  2. Wonderful pictures and they're more beautiful than those I have seen in real life.
    [版主回覆01/07/2013 18:02:21]The sun is a magician: it lights up everything and make them come alive: makes the veins and the edges of leaves stand out, gives their surface a sheen, the underside of the leaves a kind of translucence they won't otherwise have.

    回覆刪除