總網頁瀏覽量

2013年7月30日 星期二

Spinoff from Artvironment (環保藝術之餘絮)

Life to me is often a  game of unceasing surprises. So many times, when I least expect it, strange images will appear right before my eyes. They would strike me with the force of a kind of silent thunderclap and force me to take notice of them.


This is what I found when I stepped out from the murkiness of the Artvironment exhibition






I like the contrast between those strong black metal bars and the white curves and what appeared to be the figure of a man right in the middle of the window, as if he were staring at me


I took another step and found that the light was dancing on the the window pane and playing around with those shapes behind and beyond it, as if begging me to take a snapshot of them. I automatically clicked on my camera, like a sleepwalker who simply had to listen to the commands of an invisible hypnotist

A few more steps and I found these new images





As I was walking down the escalator, I found these shimmering little rectangles overlooked by two tall monsters in black



I took another look and found a nun standing right on the roof in the middle



I heard that there's a new broad walk along the coastline of Taikooshing. As I had never been there. I wanted to take a look.



The clouds were building up behind some nearby buildings



A yacht returning from a day of fun out in Saikung?


Had I known that I could get a full view of the Cruise Terminal, I needed not have wasted my time going there! But then, some surprises are worse than others. You can't be a winner all the time!

5 則留言:

  1. We really think alike.
    Before I read your remarks on photo number 1, what struck me immediately was a man lurking behind the window. And you said it.
    [版主回覆07/31/2013 13:32:52]We must all learn to discard our anthropocentrism IF the earth is to have a chance of surviving our selfish and short-sighted onslaught upon her faces, her body and even her entrails.
    [Peter回覆07/31/2013 11:42:23]Yes, I am hopeless.
    I see man's faces in the headlights of cars, gaping eyes in holes on walls and even angry glares in the dark hollows on tree trunks, which seem to be protests against men's disrespect and malice.
    [版主回覆07/31/2013 11:27:46]We see the image of man everywhere. That makes two narcissists! You're no better than I am!

    回覆刪除
  2. Those surprises to some degree, will let one escape from a prose of existence.
    [版主回覆07/31/2013 13:29:58]Alas, the modern man can only live in the crevices and nooks and corners overlooked by the 'system' and may even have to "actively" create for himself under the most hostile conditions the spaces he needs for the exercise of his dwindling "freedom" if he does not wish to be completely squashed by the impersonal forces trying its mindless best to eliminate of all traces of "individuality"..

    回覆刪除
  3. 那些高樓大廈上的雲兒像棉花糖。
    [版主回覆08/01/2013 07:26:37]Yes, the clouds have some rather lovely billows. Glad you like them.

    回覆刪除
  4. [版主回覆08/02/2013 07:51:38]It's good! I like it too.

    回覆刪除
  5. 我是門外漢, 室外比室內好看.
    [版主回覆08/08/2013 15:15:09]From a certain point of view, w may all be 門外漢s. You may well be right. Who can claim to pontificate over others' taste?

    回覆刪除