總網頁瀏覽量

2011年12月1日 星期四

Hints of Christmas

I know that Christmas is around the corner. But still it's an entirely different matter when you see it right before your eyes. I had to attend to some business in the Times Square area today and got a slight shock when I arrived.




People waiting before a counter at Times Square.Dolls, dolls, dolls everywhere.





Two little army of Barbie dolls inside the hall.






Some rather Chinese looking trees outside.





And another pink tree at the other corner of the square,





Even before 5 p.m., it's already quite crowded.





A huge green doll outside of the Barbie booth on the ground floor.





Young girls had lots of fun posing in the Barbie booths.





Hey, I'm not done!





It's my turn now. Don't I look cute?





I'm not to be outdone too. Look!





Let's do it together. Whoever cares who is Barbie and who Ken!





Now let me do another one!





"Hi, Mary, see how those girls are having fun. Would you like to go in there?" "Yes Mom. But how am I supposed to look in there?", the eyes of the girl seem to be saying.
 



Dad, is this OK?





I'm from Amoy. Nothing scares me!





Gifts galore hanging from the ceiling.





On the outside, there were many photo booths.  This is the side of one such cubicle.





Here's another one.





A third.





Another tree of metal! Shall we have a metallic X'mas?




4 則留言:

  1. 套用蘇軾詩兩句: “春江水暖鴨先知,正是河豚欲上時。” ^o^
    [版主回覆12/01/2011 08:51:52]Yes, Christmas is coming. The merchants know. The jingling in their tills are already thundering in their mind's ears! Time for celebrating the annual Christmas slaughter of unsuspecting consumers!

    回覆刪除
  2. Lovely girls indeed ! ... ^_^ ...
    [版主回覆12/01/2011 10:17:48]Smiling and happy girls are always lovely!

    回覆刪除
  3. I thought i have just celebrated xmas last month, here it comes again, where have the 10 months in between gone?
    Anyways, a very early merry xmas to you!
    [版主回覆12/01/2011 16:47:47]X'mas is not a festival. It's a state of mind! One in which we give freely of our love because we know we have just received it as a gratuitous gift from someone who loves us. It's an annual resurrection of the spirit of giving and of joy. Thanks for your good wishes. I hope you'll have a wonderful X'mas with those near and dear to you.

    回覆刪除
  4. The little girl from Amoy is very cute! Thank you for sharing your pictures with us.
    [版主回覆12/03/2011 09:47:52]Yes she is not very shy at all and is really cute!

    回覆刪除