總網頁瀏覽量

2011年12月25日 星期日

Lower Shing Mun Valley Park

I've been told that there are now a good number of parks in Hong Kong and that some of them may well be worth a visit. The Shing Mun Valley Park is one of them. So on the eve of my visit to America, I went there. According to the Government, the park, located next to Shek Wai Kok and the Cheung Wan Estates in Tsuen Wan, used to be a temporary housing site but has since 1997 been remodeled into two huge parks, upper and lower, with a sports ground in between. What did I find at the Lower Shing Mun Valley Park?
 



Trees of course

.

and full of flowers too.





I like the way they shine under the sun






And non-flowering evergreens and shrubs too.





Some of the evergreens have pine-needle like leaves.





Others have bamboo like leaves





I like the water weed like leaves of this plant





I love the way the leaves look under the sun





Some of the shrubs have pinkish red flowers





growing in big clumps





or small clumps





Others bear red and yellow flowers..






Some have tube-lik buds which would open out.





Others have orchid like flowers with long stamens





Some flowers look like little old fashioned hand grenades or torpedos or First World War bombs





Some have flower buds like little spears or red cotton tips?





Some leaves have similarly looking buds





There were some familiar flowers like this yellow flower.




And these small yellow flowers





and this purple flower.





I like the little spots in the petals of this flower




There was a small rose garden





A rose bud





but there was not a huge variety of roses. Only some pink and yellow roses.





A  pink rose.





A yellow roses






Not only do I like flowers, leaves too have a charm of their own which appeals to me.  I like the wave-like leaves of this one.






There are also other types of leaves with wavy edges too but their leaves are much bigger.





And some has simple leaves of many colors. This one has leaves with strips of red, yellow and  green.





This one has leaves of yellow and green





This plant has leaves of saw-like edges and a soft velvety surface.





Whilst this one has leaves with smooth edges and waxy surfaces.





I like the shiny surface of these leaves which gleam in the sun





As it was near to Christmas, they displayed some "Christmas flowers" in red and yellow





Some plants have already produced berries.




Some plants have paper like leaves.





Whilst this tree has paper like barks.





The surface of the ponds were full of fallen leaves and flowers





which were stuck at the edges of the rocks





Where the water was not deep enough, the fallen leaves and flowers would simply stay where they landed





I like the reflections on the surface of this pond




whose patterns kept changing with the gentle ripples on its surface





There was a pond which was supposed to be a lotus pond but they also grow some other plants there for variety.





This is the lotus pond





I like the way they lay down the bricks to create shadows on the surface of the water. Their straight lines contrast with the rounded shapes of the smaller lotus leaves.






The stem of this little plant describes an almost perfect arc which join with its base to form a circle





It looked as if there were needle like leaves growing below the circular lotus leaves


 



A most clever way of breaking the monotony of the edge of the lotus pond




There was a pond with what is supposed to be a fountain but it was not working.





The same pond at sunset.





when the garden light was lit.




Sunset upon the window of a building at the entrance to the park





And some air ducts arranged in a row of arcs I saw on my way down the MTR station in my journey home to do the packing for the midnight flight.

8 則留言:

  1. So detail. I think you are a delicate person.
    [版主回覆12/27/2011 09:01:29]I like the subjects of my photos. They shouted at me for paying attention to them. I just followed their pleas.

    回覆刪除
  2. Thank you for the big feast of photos. Like the bricks shadowing on the lotus pond i it's kind of poetic. Shing Mun Valley Park is famous for its lotus during the summer time. You have to come back for the lotus again.
    [版主回覆12/27/2011 09:03:52]Thanks for your kind words and your advice, I'll certainly go there again some time in the future because I didn't have enough time to go to the Upper Shing Mun Valley Park this time.

    回覆刪除
  3. .◠‿◠ Elzorro 影得好靚 !
    [版主回覆12/27/2011 09:04:47]Thank you. But my photos are not as beautiful as those I saw in other bloggers' blogs!

    回覆刪除
  4. 黃昏和晨曦都是拍攝的好時光,期待你的下一輯照片.謝謝分享.
    [版主回覆12/27/2011 09:05:23]Glad you like them. Your photos are beautiful too!

    回覆刪除
  5. 落花與落葉在夕陽下都很美,謝謝El Zorro的分享。^_^
    [版主回覆12/27/2011 09:05:58]Thank the flowers, the plants and the setting sun.

    回覆刪除
  6. The flowers are beautiful but I like the non-flowering evergreens and shrubs best. Thanks for sharing, Zorro.
    [版主回覆12/27/2011 09:07:13]To each their own preferences and enjoyment ! My pleasure to share my joy with others.

    回覆刪除
  7. Why are flowers and plants so showy, each putting its best foot forward?
    Are they like human beings too craving for attention?
    I see no envy or animosity amidst the assembly of colors and forms.
    Is there not a lesson to learn from them?
    [版主回覆12/27/2011 09:08:31]They got to propagate! To each his lesson!!

    回覆刪除
  8. 最喜歡倒數 #7、8、9三幅! 夏天曾到此看荷花、 想不到冬天的荷池在 El Zorro 鏡頭下、 也如此詩意!
    [版主回覆12/27/2011 22:36:30]Yes, the light and shadows are quite beautiful. I like them too.

    回覆刪除