總網頁瀏覽量

2011年12月3日 星期六

Saturday Fun



The Observatory announced this morning that temperatures have dropped to slightly above 10 degrees Centigrade in urban areas but that in parts of the New Territories, the overnight temperatures were just slightly above freezing point! Certainly not a good time to have fun outside. But what is there to stop us from having some fun inside. I have been much engaged in trying to understand Islam in the past week. I was just wondering if Muslims have a sense of humor. After browsing around in the internet, I am in absolutely no doubt that they are just like you and me. The proof?


1.

A man is taking a walk in Central park in New York.
Suddenly he sees a little girl being attacked by a pit bull dog . He runs over
and starts fighting with the dog. He succeeds in killing the dog and saving the
girl's life.

A policeman who was watching the scene walks over and says:
"You are a hero, tomorrow you can read it in all the newspapers:
"Brave New Yorker saves the life of little girl"

The man says: -
"But I am not a New Yorker!"

"Oh ,then it will say in newspapers
in the morning: 'Brave American saves life of little girl'" – the
policeman answers.

"But I am not an American!" – says the man.

"Oh, what are you then? "

The man says: - "I am a Saudi !"

The next day the newspapers says: "Islamic extremist kills innocent
American dog."


2.



Here is the story of an Imam who got up after Friday
prayers and announced to the people:



"I have good news and bad news. The good news is, we
have enough money to pay for our new building program. "

One of the anxious faithful asked, "Imam, what then is the bad news?"

The Imam replied, "That the money is still out there in your pockets."


3.



An Imam shocked his community when he announced that he
was resigning from that particular Masjid and would be moving to a drier climate.

After
the session, a very distraught lady came to the Imam with tears in her eyes,
"Oh, Imam, we are going to miss you so much. We don't want you to
leave!"

The kind hearted Imam said "Now, now, sister, don't carry on.
The Imam who takes my place might be even better than me".



"Yeah", she said, with a tone of disappointment
in her voice, "That's what they said the last time too . . . "


4.



Nasruddin was determined to be decisive and efficient.  Hee told his wife he would plow his largest field on the far side of the
river and be back for a big dinner. She urged him to say, "If Allah is
willing."



He told her whether Allah was willing or not, that was
his plan. The frightened wife looked up to Allah and asked forgiveness.



Nasruddin loaded his wooden plow, hitched up the oxen to
the wagon, climbed on his donkey and set off.



But the next day, the river flooded after a sudden cloudburst, washed his donkey downstream and broke an ox's leg
right in the mud and Nasruddin had to hitch himself in its place to plow the field.



After finishing only half the field, he set
out for home at sunset, exhausted and soaking wet. But the river was still high. So he had to
wait until it was completely dark before he could cross over.



After midnight a very wet but much wiser Nasruddin
knocked at his door.

"Who is there?" asked his wife.



"I think it is me, Nasruddin," he replied, "if Allah is
willing!"


5.



Once, the people of the city invited Mulla Nasruddin to
deliver a speech.

When he got on the minbar (pulpit), he found the audience was
not very enthusiastic, so he asked "Do you know what I am going to
say?"

The audience replied "NO". So he announced "I have no
desire to speak to people who don't even know what I will be talking
about" and he left.

The people felt embarrassed and called him back again
the next day.

This time when he asked the same question, the people replied
"YES".  So Mullah Nasruddin said, "Well, since you already know
what I am going to say, I won't waste any more of your time" and he left.

Now the people were really perplexed. They decided to try one more time and
once again invited the Mullah to speak the following week.

Once again he asked
the same question - "Do you know what I am going to say?"

Now the
people were prepared and so half of them answered "YES" while the
other half replied "NO". So Mullah Nasruddin said "The half who
know what I am going to say, tell it to the other half" and he left!


6.

"When I was in the desert," said Nasruddin one
day, "I caused an entire tribe of horrible and bloodthirsty bedouins to
run."



"However did you do it?" asked his listener.



"Easy. I just ran, and they ran after me."


Have a nice weekend, if Allah is willing!


6 則留言:

  1. Love the first joke --- hahaha, a smart box on the ear of the American dogs!

    I was about to start feasting on your three long blogs on Islam (not meant to be read cursorily). Now this blog is a good starter, an appetizer that whets my appetite and prepares my mind to find out what misconceptions I might have about Islam. Have a nice weekend!
    [版主回覆12/03/2011 09:50:42]None of the articles in this blog are meant to be "serious". If they were, then you can expect lots of footnotes! Did you find any? Have a nice weekend! The sun is out. Good time for photos!

    回覆刪除
  2. Great jokes for the weekend and thank you very much for your sharing! I like the 5th joke best!
    [版主回覆12/05/2011 07:16:31]Thanks for your kind words. I love the fifth joke too! What a spiteful Imam!

    回覆刪除
  3. Thank you El Zorro! Really nice to read these jokes in the weekend ...^_^...
    [版主回覆12/05/2011 07:11:41]Weekend is for relaxation. This is particularly necessary for the tense people of HK.

    回覆刪除
  4. 爆笑80後,提供每日一笑話,希望你能有空拜訪一下,留返個言,擔保笑爆你個嘴
    [版主回覆12/05/2011 07:12:38]Thank you for the info.

    回覆刪除
  5. ^ ^ 又到星期六... 呵呵 Elzorro 永冇甩拖 !
    [版主回覆12/05/2011 07:12:30]I love weekends!

    回覆刪除
  6. Believe it or not, I've made it a habit to visit your blog every Saturday even if I can't always find time to pay a daily visit. Hope you won't disappoint us with a question like the one in story 5. ^.^
    [版主回覆12/05/2011 07:14:26]I am not Mullah Nasruddin! So don't worry. I hope you'll won't be disappointed for making the effort.

    回覆刪除