總網頁瀏覽量

2010年12月14日 星期二

Xu Zhimo's Song 除志摩的『歌』

This morning, I read another of Xu Zhimo's poems. It's a rather sad song. There he talks about what he expects his lover to do when he dies . He is unsure what may happen. The future is too far away, too vague, too baffling, too uncertain for him to say anything definite about it. All he knows for sure is that he will no longer be able to see the sun, the green grass, the green shades of the cedar trees, the rain, the dews nor be able to hear any more the song of the nightingales.So here it is, with my translation.


                歌                                          Song


我死了的時侯,親愛的,       When I'm dead, dear,


    別為我唱悲傷的歌;             Sing no sad songs for me;


我墳上不必安插薔薇,           No need to plant roses upon my grave,


     也無須濃蔭的柏樹;            No need for heavy shady cedars either;


讓蓋着我的青青的草              Let the green green grass covering me


     零着雨,也沾着露珠;      brave the rain, and touch the pearls of dew;


假如你願意,請記着我,     If you wish, remember me please,


     要是你甘心忘了我。          If you will suffer it, forget me.


我再不見地面的青蔭,         I'll see the shady green on the ground no more


覺不到雨露的甜蜜;             nor feel the sweet honey of rain and dew;


再聽不見夜鶯的歌喉            nor hear the nightingale's songs 


      在黑夜裏傾吐悲啼;       pouring sobs of sadness in the dark of the night;


在悠久的昏暮中迷惘,         baffled in the diffused dusk,


      陽光不升起,也不消翳;  the sun rises no more, nor loses its feathery screen; 


我也許,也許我記得你,     Perhaps, perhaps I will remember you,


     我也許,我也許忘記。    Perhaps, perhaps, I may forget you.


3 則留言:

  1. "Songs for a friend, and sings along,    For friendship and remembrance of the past,     A medal of conversations and feelings shared,      Friend in need is a friend indeed,       And most of all, friends are forever,        Sings the medley of friendly search,          Along with the power of songs..."  Good evening, my dear old friend ! 

    回覆刪除
  2. 徐志摩是追求愛情的浪漫者, 他渴望真誠的愛情, 而其生命中最重要的三個女人, 也使他一生苦多樂少,有人說他的痛苦來自於對感情的執著。
    因此,他的詩也是帶有飄逸的傷感 !
    [版主回覆12/14/2010 21:35:00]You may well be right. But I don't think he cares much for ruptured relationships. It seems to me that if he thinks that it's over, he'll let go rather than wallow in pain. Hence the grace, the elegance and the rare  absence of a tedious gloom even in his sorrows. He won't look back for long!

    回覆刪除
  3. 『歌』是徐志摩翻譯自英國一位女詩人 -- 羅塞蒂( C.G.Rossetti 1830---1894 )所作的 Song  ( 原文如下 ) ,羅大佑也唱過這『歌』。
    Song When I am dead, my dearest,  
    Sing no sad songs for me; Plant thou no roses at my head,  
    Nor shady cypress tree; Be the green grass above me   
    With showers and dewdrops wet; And if thou wilt, remember,  
    And if thou wilt forget.   I shall not see the shadows,   
    I shall not feel the rain; I shall not hear the nightingale,  
    Sing on as if in pain; And dreaming through the twilight  
    That doth not rise nor set, Haply I may remember,  
    And haply may forget.
     
     



    [版主回覆12/15/2010 11:16:00]Thank you so much for this additional information. You can see the effect of translation and re-translation. That's why in court, we have a rule against hearsay evidence: unless we have no other evidence, we shall try our best not to rely upon it.

    回覆刪除